Drug is cleared from the body in 7 elimination half-lives.
Resuming breastfeeding is likely safe after 3 pump-and-dump days. Regular milk expression and disposition to keep production and avoiding breast plethora or mastitis is desirable.
See below the information of this related product:
- Maternal Cancer (High Risk probable)
We do not have alternatives for Altretamine.
Very Low Risk
Compatible. Not risky for breastfeeding or infant.
Moderately safe. Mild risk possible. Follow up recommended. Read the Comment.
Poorly safe. Evaluate carefully. Use a safer alternative. Read the Comment.
Very High Risk
Not recommended. Cessation of breastfeeding or alternative.
- Αλτρεταμίνη (Greek)
- ألتريتامين (Arabic)
- Альтретамин (Cyrillic)
- 六甲蜜胺 (Chinese)
- アルトレタミン (Japanese)
- C9 H18 N6 (Molecular formula)
- 2,4,6-Tris(dimethylamino)-1,3,5-triazine; N2,N2,N4,N4,N6,N6-Hexamethyl-1,3,5-triazine-2,4,6-triamine (Chemical name)
- L01XX03 (ATC Code/s)
- Stopenski S, Aslam A, Zhang X, Cardonick E. After Chemotherapy Treatment for Maternal Cancer During Pregnancy, Is Breastfeeding Possible? Breastfeed Med. 2017Abstract
- Anderson PO. Cancer Chemotherapy. Breastfeed Med. 2016Abstract Full text (link to original source) Full text (in our servers)
- Urbaniak C, McMillan A, Angelini M, Gloor GB, Sumarah M, Burton JP, Reid G. Effect of chemotherapy on the microbiota and metabolome of human milk, a case report. Microbiome. 2014Abstract Full text (link to original source) Full text (in our servers)
- Koren G, Carey N, Gagnon R, Maxwell C, Nulman I, Senikas V; Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada. Cancer chemotherapy and pregnancy. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2013Abstract Full text (link to original source) Full text (in our servers)
- Pistilli B, Bellettini G, Giovannetti E, Codacci-Pisanelli G, Azim HA Jr, Benedetti G, Sarno MA, Peccatori FA. Chemotherapy, targeted agents, antiemetics and growth-factors in human milk: how should we counsel cancer patients about breastfeeding? Cancer Treat Rev. 2013Abstract
- Eisai. Altretamine. Data Sheet. 2009 Full text (in our servers)
- Schaefer C, Peters P, Miller RK. Drugs During Pregnancy and Lactation. Treatment options and risk assessment. Elsevier, second edition. London. 2007
- Damia G, D'Incalci M. Clinical pharmacokinetics of altretamine. Clin Pharmacokinet. 1995Abstract