A modified gamma-cyclodextrin that binds to rocuronium or vecuronium, reversing its neuromuscular blocking action. Used intravenously.
Since the last update we have not found published data on its excretion in breast milk.
Side effects are rare and mild.
It is administered in single or isolated doses.
Its high molecular weight makes it unlikely that it will pass into milk in significant amounts.
Its low oral bioavailability would make it difficult its passage to the infant’s plasma through breast milk (EMA 2017).
Sugammadex can be used during breastfeeding (EMA 2017)
We do not have alternatives for Sugammadex Sodium since it is relatively safe.
Very Low Risk
Compatible. Not risky for breastfeeding or infant.
Moderately safe. Mild risk possible. Follow up recommended. Read the Comment.
Poorly safe. Evaluate carefully. Use a safer alternative. Read the Comment.
Very High Risk
Not recommended. Cessation of breastfeeding or alternative.
- Натрий Сугаммадекс (Cyrillic)
- スガマデクスナトリウム (Japanese)
- C72H104Na8O48S8 (Molecular formula)
- Org-25969 (Experimental code/s)
- EMA. Sugammadex. Drug Summary. 2017 Full text (in our servers)
- EMA. Sugammadex. Ficha técnica. 2017 Full text (in our servers)
- Reece-Stremtan Sarah, Campos Matilde, Kokajko Lauren, and The Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine. Breastfeeding Medicine. ABM Clinical Protocol #15: Analgesia and Anesthesia for the Breastfeeding Mother, Revised 2017. Breastfeeding Medicine. 2017 Full text (link to original source) Full text (in our servers)